Saturday, January 16, 2010

painting


Perhaps it’s just from using painting materials more frequently, but I feel as though my intuitive skills grow with each of the “scrape “ paintings that I've been making- I like them more and more-maybe because I’m FEELING the color and discarding the idea of form …I wonder if I could ever make that happen with sculpture and what form things would take-the difference here is that you have to drive around sculpture, whereas you can glide on the color of these "canvases"-which may be relevant here-I am working on paper-not only is the "sanctity" of the stretched canvas out the window, it's just a helluva lot easier to bear down on the paper- far easier to get more physical and I do SO like to scrape and chisel at my surface. Guess the other idea that I'm choosing to avoid right now is how easy it is to make these little paintings, which , for me, go beyond satisifying: like I'm having too damn much fun AND I really like the product. For right now I'll file this as a superfluous thought and keep painting.

Help. Does anyone out there know where I can get a good quality b&w zerox for use in wet collage/painting that will not bleed?
ps-this is an older work...

1 comment:

kittybutt said...

Hi Bill! It's Cathy Dailey from folkfest. I'm really liking your paintings! It's great that you're enjoying making them and it shows. I still hope to buy one of your assemblages someday. Maybe once we get moved up to NJ.