Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hard Times Killin' Floor Blues


Talk about a song stuck in yer head-the title to this blog is the song that has followed me around for all too long-it's from the soundtrack to the "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" (by Chris Thomas who covers Skip James, who is described as a man who might be singing and playing this tune to a warm Mississippi night on an old wooden porch at least 75 years ago...)

It IS a beautiful song, but, jeez, I'm sorta thinking it might be adding to my "downtrending" mood the past few days. The spectre of the holidays is hovering around my head and what with sad memories I have of Christmas/Thanksgiving past(s), this whole time might be a tough one.

It doesn't help that my parents might be seeing their last holiday in the house. Those last few words do not come easily and, yep, I can feel their weight...

Where's that damned dog when I need her?

I sure do miss my Rhonda now.
This one is called "Deaf and Dumb." There's something about it that I really like that goes over and beyond my usual work-I guess that it holds more mystery than the usual...

1 comment:

Katie Aaberg said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, and I do hope things start looking up soon.

I've been reading your blog for a while, but I don't think I've commented yet. So, hi there. I find your work very inspiring!