Monday, August 27, 2012

Packing Packing Packing

Still packing, believe it or not-the studio has been one big nightmare to box-I find it hard to fathom that I've been packing and throwing things away now for almost two years: first, my parents' place and now my studio. A large portion of the work here I have only myself to blame for-I've been accumulating stuff since I've had the place. Wow, wouldn't it be great to make it disappear-my fantasy would be to arrive in NM with two suitcases. But, I am my Father's child and this will never be.
As I've already promised myself, I'll be shuffling off even more stuff after we get to the SouthWest. I simply don't have the strength to let it go presently...knowing this is frustrating in a purely practical sense-but somehow, it just can't be helped.
There is a cut-off date at this point: we have hired a mover (although we can cancel and modify this date) to come for the stuff on September 10-11...
Below are shots of the second floor and the first-there is still a lot of stuff to pack, but I can definitely see my progress-what's that line? After this, I'll never move again!
BTW, this move breaks with the long-standing Skrips tradition of never budging/never moving once a place is found...




No comments: