Saturday, June 7, 2014

Listen:

(channeling Kurt Vonnegut)
This is part of what I've learned so far.

We are pilgrims, here to take a journey and to learn from the road. hopefully, we will keep enough tread on our feet to make the trip.

The art I make is made better when it is passed on, whether in trade, as gifts, or as the teaching of technique. I heard a guitar player this morning (he wrote a very catchy rock song in the 80's and now manages Phillip Glass) say that when he was young,  it was about becoming a rock star. Now, after reaching his 60th birthday, it's about playing playing playing. I get it.

It would be nice (or maybe it'd be a blessing with sharp teeth) to be famous or sell a lot. But it's really (really!) not everything.

Guess I should shut up when people ask me about my art. My constant reply has been, "It's a blessing and a curse". I'm damn lucky and, yes, blessed. Thanks to whoever and/or whatever gave me this great gift.

I took a shot of two of my best friends below. You will notice that the left one is a bit shakier!




No comments: