Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where I got my start





Trimming them
Trimming all of them

and I haven't a clue
I got no idea
of how to cut this
much less of what I'll encounter
under these cheap straw hats
and these swept up coiffures

there's a call
on the phone
outside the Surfside Store
It's for you

crash it's the ocean
in the phone booth
time bleeds listening
to many conversations
all going on at once

you are crawling
you are using
your last breath
the world that belongs to you

all at once
cloudy glass booth
sad old spiderwebs
in the upper reaches
woven long ago
for midnight insects
from summers past

Ariadne confined

a stupid geometry
food for ghosts

looking like a rubber
that could fit Mr. Machine
smeary with seaspray

the ocean achieving climax
every minute andahaff
for all eternity

ha ha

some partner
that rascally shoreline.



This sculpture is called
"The Introvert."

No comments: