Monday, December 22, 2008

Practical advice for non-canines


1. Buy Fabriano brand watercolor pads-27 X 35 cm-I paid $20 for this pad of paper-75 sheets of approx. 10.5 X 14" HEAVY (140 lb) watercolor paper-what a deal! This paper is the thick stuff.

2. If you have to wear glasses, try Zenni optical-I just bought regular (single focal length) glasses for $20. As long as you have yer prescription, you can get these glasses on line for (and I repeat) $20-they have a ton of styles-well, at least several hundred!!!

3. Buy used books offa Amazon-you pay $3.99 for shipping, but most paperbacks are cheap as hell used-if you need to find specific titles, used is the way to go (if you don't have the toniest library, that is!). I wish that there was an easy way to trade stuff (let me know if I can borrow yer copy of "A Magic Stronger than Death", ok?).

4.Reuse paper coffee filters-as long as they aren't torn or ripped, they actually get stronger with each use-Imagine that!

5. Reuse anything you can, for that matter. Used plastic bags are actually better than new ones-this is true for (many, but not all) used cars as well.

6. Start a "free" pile at yer library: magazines and books that you want to pass on will feed this pile very nutritionally.

Now that you know all about my "hippy" tendencies, I'll shut up for a while.


Happy Holidays and all the best for the new year: Let's make it a good one!

No comments: