Monday, August 18, 2014

Skin

The latest from the world of the aging and sagging.

My skin, which once had a different sort of vitality, is changing. It seems to move less. Where once I had a smooth and active, if scratch-ridden surface, now things have calmed down to the point of being, well, deader. Sedate skin. Free from youthful blemishes,  I miss some of that pimpling and other various activities, which I now see as a sign that things were moving.
Laying awake last night (after drinking too much coffee at dinner, which never used to keep me up) I thought about skin. If I was still writing, I'd like to tackle this topic in the form of a disturbing little story. Something about one's skin moving around the body-a bit of stranger's skin, perhaps, from a graft-or a tattoo that has a life of its own?

Worked on this ptg as just the bottom panel, then added the top…


1 comment:

Carla Trujillo said...

Living in dry climate doesn't help.