Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dog trouble




Now that Delilah is stable for the time being, my other dog, Rhonda (aka the Inspector, the dog-that-is-stuck-to-my-leg, Frenchie) has developed a problem with uncontollable peeing-three times she has "wet the bed" and, as you know, no adult animal (human included) will piss where they sleep. Here's the good news-this might be an infection (read, temporary) of some sort-the next Herculean task (ok, maybe not just for superheroes, but then again, not so easy) is to get a urine sample from her. She squats (of course) when she goes-I just have to be quick enough to get a flat plate under her (I'm thinking that this calls for disposable styrofoam) and get her to look elsewhere, so she is not thrown off by "what the hell is this stupid bastard trying to get over on me now? First, pills..and now this? Damn idiot human!!!" Then, it'll be a simple issue of getting said substance from plate to jar (with label and date) to the Vet's office for analysis. OK.

She has never bitten me before and I don't think she will, but...stranger things have happened (maybe I'll wear gloves). Wish me luck ...

Postcript to urine collection: the things we do for love...

The whole operation went quite well, with no mess or dog bite (truth be told, I think that Rhonda would rather jump into a fire than bite me-she's truly a one-family/one-owner dog). I'll call the office in a few hours and find out whether I can just bring in the sample or if they need the whole dog. Obviously, the former is a lot cheaper. More on this later.


Found a strange and disgusting (most of you easily fazed will have left this here blog after I mentioned "urine sample", so I'll go on without fear or prudence) item at the Flea Market this morning that I hope will make a good "base" or start for a collage. This is someone's uncared-for insect collection with only loose bits and pieces, stains, pins and a stuck thorax or two remaining.



Under a very dirty, smeared sheet of old glass, this looks like a prop from a Quay Brothers film-I could actually just hang it up as is and tell people that it came from the film "The Street of Crocodiles" or, even more apropos, from "The Cameraman's Revenge" (1912), the animated film using insects by Ladislaw Starewicz...
This collage is titled "7" and is approximately 9 X 12.



No comments: