Friday, April 17, 2009

drama


I suppose I could have gone upstairs and checked to see what Chaplin film it was that I was watching, but the image had me glued to the television. Also, it was time for me to get to work (I have a real job now, none of this artist crap!).

Since the story was set in a cold climate and involved the staking of a gold claim, I assumed that the setting was supposed to be Alaska. Two guys are inside a rustic cabin that is teetering on the very edge of a precipice. The inhabitants are scrambling for balance so that the entire house doesn't go over the edge to doom and destruction, taking them along.

All is filmed in stark black and white.

Great image, so apropos of where I stand (teeter) in life. Dramatic? Maybe, but that teetering feeling is pretty unsettling - it's a daily battle to stay on the edge. Limbo land.

Notice that the image is also tilted...I wish I could tell you that I did that on purpose...

1 comment:

Rick Parker said...

I have found many of the best things I have done as an artist were not on purpose.