Tuesday, August 11, 2009




I don't have it in me to move this ball, Rhonda's favorite toy.


I thought about what I would do with this little red ball long before her passing. I wanted to send it off with her, but that did not work out. Now it sits here, waiting for a new owner or in my more pitiful fantasies, to be used when we are reunited. Until then, it'll remain here.


The summer has finally turned hot, just in time for me to venture down to Georgia for my annual FolkFest show. Last year, the show did not go so well for me financially, but I bought a great mask: from someplace in the South Pacific-dunno where (and dunno how authentic it is, but it sure feels right). If I don't do well this year (and, given the economy, that is a distinct possibility), I won't return for a year or so. Sad, since this is my favorite show, always filled with interesting work: lots of inspirational imagery and off-beat ideas...

No comments: