Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One week later


I lived, she didn't.

Ain't that the story of our lives? My day to day seems so much more plain without Rhonda-she really added to it in so many ways-ways that you don't commit to paper or need to photograph. Breathing. Walking. She was always there to shepherd me (sorry, folks) and saw all the mistakes I made in the studio and heard all my comments to myself or how pissed off something made me or how pleased I was with the outcome of an artwork.
Just a dog, you say?
Maybe so, but here's the huge hole she left.

Geting ready for yet another show-this one happens to be my favorite: Folk Fest. I always come back from this show fully charged-the energy I find there is palpable. I'm somewhat apprehensive about the show this year as I can't justify doing it again if I don't make enough money there-the fee for the show has become enormous and the amount I sell there has declined. Dunno what my determining threshold should be, but the fact that there is one bothers me. I will truly miss this show if I have to cancel next year.


Haven't worked on a painting in a while-my supplies sit out here and gather dust. I get SO intimidated at starting a 2D piece-worked up a little drawing two days ago and it's really awful-wasted some perfectly good paper on it.

This one is called Lost My Way-how appropriate.

No comments: