Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cold


Well, it's happened.

I don't like the cold anymore.

I used to love this season, but things change.

Maybe it's the fact that I hold out on the heat in the studio and turn it on only when I can't take it anymore. At this point, I don't look forward to going down there-the building, which is wonderfully cool in the summer with its concrete floor, is now an icebox-easily 10-15 degrees cooler than the outside air.

I seem to focus more on the fuel bill than anything, which is, considering my vast income, a very real concern.

Yesterday, I spent my time there (about 8 hours) in gloves. I've always hated gloves.
I'll hold out for a bit longer and turn on my heat in December.

My physical discomfort is manageable. But having an aversion to spending time at my work and therefore wanting to put off visits to the studio (consciously and subconsciously) is not a good thing -it confuses this simple mind and throws me into a bit of depression. It also clouds many minute-to-minute decisions as extra static when it comes to making things.
Do they provide grants for fuel bills? Guess I should read more Kafka and stop complaining.

This one is called "The Passenger" and was shot with my new Canon. I will be working more on the lighting (and the "rotation" option as well) and soon, you won't be able to tell my shots from a professional's (yeah, right!).

No comments: