Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Friendlier Paintings


I'm still pushing paint around these bits of paper and loving it. Each little work seems a new challenge, but so far so good-I have hit no brick walls and all seems fluid-sometimes moving at a slower pace, but moving nonetheless.

I worked a bit tonight, which is off my usual schedule-mornings seem to be my better time. I've got five paintings going and each one seems to allow me back to it, to rework and add to it as see fit. This is a big change from my past-I could never seem to find a groove-a way to work that did not feel absolutely stiff and meaningless. I can't say that I'd be much good at showing you the meanings inherent in any of my abstracts, but that doesn't leave them meaningless to me. None of the recent work seems stiff to me-when a painting does, I put it aside to do a major rework on it or paint it over right then and there. The key to my recent love of this painting thing is that it is all flowing and moving. With little time to give to this 2D work, that suits me just fine. there are days that putting the brush down and cleaning up is just the worst, but that also leaves me burning to get back to it. The ring of fire.
This one is called The Faun.

No comments: