Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Brief Moment

At the end of a long dreary day at the studio-you know, when EVERYTHING you do seems ordinary- boring enough to qualify for sale at "The Art Shoppe"...and there are those pieces that you just keep doing over and over again and all you get is the same thing: close, but no cigar-still something missing...today was that kind of day.
But, for a brief moment, toward the end of the day, two pieces seemed to come together-one, I'd been working on for a while (see previous paragraph). The other was a start-only a start, but a good one. Just the combination of two elements -one of those elements relatively new; the other, years old. Magic. You can just see the possibilities.
This didn't redeem the day or change my sour mood, but it still counted for something. This was the proverbial ray of light on a (literally) cloudy day.
By the way, I'm making good my threat. Barring cold feet (which I've had all day, the day being cool and my studio being downright cold) at the last minute, I'll be starting a writing group. People have been responding to my "Writer's Group Forming" sign and advertisement. Of course, now I'm wondering just what the hell I've gone ahead and done-you know, I have no real credentials for this sort of thing. And I'm pretty damn shy. And I really can't write, either. Throughout my life, I've made a good joiner. Now I get to be the leader.
Stay tuned, this is gonna be interesting.

No comments: