Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In a Dogsuit

(Flabby) Facts

Writing
with a
cheap ballpoint
(the one from the Oasis)
that skips.
Adding a certain mystery
to my trite scraping.

Making the pilgrimage
through Candyland:
words and letters-
from the blank page
to poetic magic

words
like chair legs
pulled across
tile flooring

Oh well
it keeps me busy
something to do
so I don't rust,
spilling coffee
like it costs nothing.

I'm filling up pages
I'm filling up walls
like there's no tomorrow.

"Vast amounts of energy
are being released
by something
that cannot be seen"

This is the something-
it demands patience
when it comes to the subject of reason

You're so nice
you're so very gentle
you drive a beautiful
and very clean car.

Wind this up
it goes and goes.

Crash damn
into a mirror.

I find out
what the studio audience
already knows.

No comments: