Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scheduling

I can't believe it, but I'm not doing ANY shows until August and even then, I'll be down in
Atlanta-dunno how I managed to do this, but I feel like my studio is overfilled at this point (which, on one hand, is a great feeling: I'm loaded for bear! But the other side of this is that I'm running out of space and, even worse, broke as hell)... I was on the waiting list for NOLA Jazzfest...oh, well.
Every year, I think for about two minutes of having a studio show and sale, like a good friend of mine (who is quite successful not only at his semi-annual studio sales, but also at most craft shows). But then I think that my audience is fairly small...and if you take logistics into account, I'd probably at best have a dozen visitors over a weekend...that wouldn't quite do it for me, even though the idea is still tempting.
The internet has provided me with some business, but it is random and fairly sparse-couldn't feed the family on that one. Guess it all adds up to the point proven time and again: it makes absolutely no practical sense to be an artist.

No comments: