Monday, June 23, 2008

New (dog) Suit

The house rearranged, my schedule upside down (like I really need a fixed schedule!), nothing that I put down is there when I go back to get it-this all seems characteristic of my life right now. What occurred to me this morning is that this is the very the shake up, the change, the knock-yerself-out-of-the-rut that I was asking for a few months ago- actually one of the major reasons that I started this here blog.

I wrote to a good friend this morning and, in so doing, realized that change has arrived, even though I was still waiting impatiently for it to announce itself! Guess I expected fanfare and balloons, but this one crept in silently under the door.

But a change has come to my work and to my working and not necessarily in a pleasant, gratifying way. My attitude is different and I'm more critical toward many of the old devices I used to fall back on. I still feel as though something is missing, but just what it is, I can't put my finger on. What is for sure MIA is a feeling of satisfaction with my work-no warmth, no fuzziness-evidence that points to the fact that old solutions don't pull their weight anymore.

Like the rest of life, this one is a work in progress. As unsettling as that is, I see it as a true antidote for being trite...against Bill making Bill-type artwork. There will not necessarily be a solution here. But how often do we get real solutions in our lives-ain't that the point?

Back to the drawing board.

No comments: