Saturday, August 23, 2008

ohne titel



Untitled (8/9/08)

Oh yes
I'm pretty quiet
when push comes to shove
when feet are put to the fire.

This silence speaks
to no one
that has a real name
but only to those
who have names
that are made up.


Untitled (8/12/08)

I must be hungry
this state of being changeable
never seems to release me
from personal obligation

Bowing out once, twice, three times
from the limits set
by your banner of pine
painted in black and white

when they don't get blood
they demand attention

disengagement, please
no IPODS
no noise on the set
no palace of tears
built on the sand
of man made beaches.

Polyphemus
one so loved
by all but me
not only fertile
but horny
leaving the rest of us
to seek
an open heart
a surgery of imagination

I leave the table
with two pearls of wisdom
one says just do it
the other about family
and honor
a medieval code
that translates poorly
in the slosh of mediocrity,
ravioli, foil and fried bits.

When I leave this table
on my own dark mission
migrating like the birds
I take with me
nothing but lint
collected in my pockets
with which to build
new nests
and tentative promises.

Off I go to translate
and then transform into
just who
I might become
this time.


Untitled (8/13/08)

Plum Alley
being the place
I recovered for a week
after my surgery
which removed
all traces
of another self
that had my previous address
a friend to painkillers
but nothing else.



Looking into
naked 60-watt bulbs
to see my own likeness
erasure
metamorphosis
turning who I was
into who I am
gimme a smoke

That's me now
(in case you were wondering)
a personal haze
some kinda genius
with the use of tricks
and mirrors.





Speaking of Backward
(8/20/08)

Thinking backward
was not in my job description
yet it seems to be somethnig
I'm damn good at.
(filed under "Special Abilities")

I start at the end
and carefully work
my way forward
Skillfully avoiding
any real knowledge
I might pick up.


In this manner
I put the cart before the horse
and eggs to fall to the floor
dropped into a basket
that's not there
yet.

Sentences uttered
only for my benefit
others politely pretend
to digest

they really don't understand...
periods before premises
commas before predicates
"! oN, oN, I said
speak more I won't any"

Their frustration
like water,
finds its own
gravity and order.

No comments: